Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Sweating in the Texas heat. #ihateselfies Anyway, interesting thing happened today. I was at stop light across from a Subway waiting for the light to turn green when I noticed an elderly gentleman getting out of his car. He was in the Subway parking lot profusely wiping his face with a handkerchief. I watched as he walked towards the restaurant and, after a few steps he fell over like a tree and landed face first on the pavement. He did not move. The light turned green and I rushed into the parking lot to help the gentleman. I rushed up to him and he was shaking, very bloody and confused. I told him I would be right back & rushed into Subway to have them call 911. I went out and helped the man up and into the Subway. I stayed and talked with him until the police arrived and took over the situation. I told them what I had witnessed and went on my way. The man is 75 years old and lives alone. His routine was probably to go and get lunch at Subway and today that routine changed. That gentleman has been on my mind a lot today and I hope he is well. I am glad I was able to help him in whatever capacity I was able to. That’s all.


No comments:

Post a Comment